Data To Mine
From Maisqual Private Wiki
This page summarises the data that can be mined to gather informations on the development process.
We want to gather information on a software project and monitor its evolution. At the moment, we only target releases: from one release to the next, identify what practices and attributes of quality have changed.
From the data flow point of view, we have the following scheme:
| Project 1.0:
|| Project 1.1:
|| Project 1.2:
From there, we distinguish two types of data mining: practices identification and overall quality of the project.
 Practices identification
We know little about this for now.
Identifying practices. This is mainly achieved through
- Mining patterns in the project's history (defects, commits, mailing lists records..).
- Mining patterns in the source code (when tests were setup, refactoring, etc.).
- Surveys, that often bring information that would difficult, if not impossible, to mine in the repositories.
 Quality Evaluation
We want to establish pragmatic measurement of the quality attributes defined in the Maisqual Quality Model.
 Product Quality
Data mining on product has been put in a separate page: Data_to_Mine: Product.
 Process Performance
Data mining on process has been put in a separate page: Data_to_Mine: Process.
Data mining on charisma attributes may be the following:
- Enhancements Integration.
- Bug Tracking responsiveness.
- Average time of response on questions.
- Number of mails/posts/etc. exchanged.
- Number of downloads.
- Is there a user communication medium?
- Average time to answer to mail on user media.
- Number of mails exchanged on user media.
- Publications: magazines, conferences, citations.
- Votes on Freshmeat, ohloh, etc.
- Number of results from search engine.
- Number of links to the project web site.
- Number of distinct registered users.
 See also
On this wiki: