From Maisqual Wiki
Formally approved version of a configuration item, regardless of media, formally designated and fixed at a specific time during the configuration item's life cycle. [ ISO/IEC 19770-1 ]
- Baseline [ ISO/IEC 12207, ISO/IEC 15288 ]
- Specification or product that has been formally reviewed and agreed upon, that thereafter serves as the basis for further development, and that can be changed only through formal change control procedures.
- Baseline [ ISO/IEC 20000 ]
- Snapshot of the state of a service or individual configuration items at a point in time.
- Baseline [ IEEE 1490 ]
- An approved plan (for a project), plus or minus approved changes. It is compared to actual performance to determine if performance is within acceptable variance thresholds. Generally refers to the current baseline, but may refer to the original or some other baseline. Usually used with a modifier (e.g., cost performance baseline, schedule baseline, performance measurement baseline, technical baseline).
- A baseline should be changed only through formal configuration management procedures. Some baselines may be project deliverables while others provide the basis for further work. Baselines, plus approved changes from those baselines, constitute the current configuration identification. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]