From Maisqual Wiki
A Branch is either:
- a conditional transfer of control from any statement to any other statement in a component, or
- an unconditional transfer of control from any statement to any other statement in the component except the next statement, or
- when a component has more than one entry point, a transfer of control to an entry point of the component. [ SIGIST ]
- Branch [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- a computer program construct in which one of two or more alternative sets of program statements is selected for execution.
- a point in a computer program at which one of two or more alternative sets of program statements is selected for execution.
- to perform the selection in (1).
- any of the alternative sets of program statements in (1).
- a set of evolving source file versions.
- Every branch is identified by a tag. Often, a branch identifies the file versions that have been or will be released as a product release. May denote unbundling of arrow meaning, i.e., the separation of object types from an object type set. Also refers to an arrow segment into which a root arrow segment has been divided. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]