From Maisqual Wiki
- Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) [ ISO/IEC 90003, ISO/IEC 25051 ]
- A software product available for purchase and use without the need to conduct development activities.
- Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) [ ISO/IEC 15289 ]
- an item that a supplier offers to several acquirers for general use.
- COTS software product includes the product description (including all cover information, data sheet, web site information, etc.), the user documentation (necessary to install and use the software), the software contained on a computer sensible media (disk, CD-ROM, internet downloadable, etc.). Software is mainly composed of programs and data. This definition applies also to product descriptions, user documentation and software which are produced and supported as separate manufactured goods, but for which typical commercial fees and licensing considerations may not apply. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]