From Maisqual Wiki
- Customer [ IEEE 1233 ]
- The entity or entities for whom the requirements are to be satisfied in the system being defined and developed.
- Customer [ IEEE 1362 ]
- An individual or organization who acts for the ultimate user of a new or modified hardware or software product to acquire the product and its documentation.
- Customer [ IEEE 830 ]
- The person, or persons, who pay for the product and usually (but not necessarily) decide the requirements.
- Synonyms of Customer are: acquirer, buyer, beneficiary, purchaser. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- A customer can be internal or external to the organization. The customer may be a higher level project. This is the entity to whom the system developer must provide proof that the system developed satisfies the system requirements specified. Customers are a subset of stakeholders. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- Example: an end-user of the completed system, an organization within the same company as the developing organization (e.g., System Management). [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]