From Maisqual Wiki
- Defect Density [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- number of defects per unit of product size. Example: problem reports per thousand lines of code.
- Defect Density [ Team Software Process ]
- number of defects injected or found in one or more phases divided by the product size.
- By normalizing quality in terms of product size, defect density measures enable comparison of the various products and the processes that produced them. Defect density measures are also used to establish quality goals, measure quality performance, and compare processes and products. [ Team Software Process ]