From Maisqual Wiki
- Fault Tolerance [ IEEE 610.12 ]
- The ability of a system or component to continue normal operation despite the presence of hardware or software faults.
- The number of faults a system or component can withstand before normal operation is impaired.
- Pertaining to the study of errors, faults, and failures, and of methods for enabling systems to continue normal operation in the presence of faults.
- The specified level of performance may include fail safe capability. [ ISO/IEC 9126-1 ]