From Maisqual Wiki
International Standard ISO/IEC 25030
Software engineering -- Software product Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE) -- Quality requirements
ISO/IEC 25030:2007 provides requirements and recommendations for the specification of software quality requirements. It applies to both acquirers and suppliers. It focuses on software quality requirements, but takes a system perspective since software is normally developed and applied as part of a larger system.
Software product quality requirements are needed for:
- specification (including contractual agreement and call for tender);
- planning (including feasibility analysis);
- development (including early identification of potential quality problems during development); and
- evaluation (including objective assessment and certification of software product quality).
If software quality requirements are not stated clearly, they may be viewed, interpreted, implemented and evaluated differently by different people. This may result in: software which is inconsistent with user expectations and of poor quality; users, clients and developers who are unsatisfied; and time and cost overruns to rework software.
ISO/IEC 25030:2007 helps to improve the quality of software quality requirements. It does this by providing requirements and recommendations for quality requirements, and guidance for the processes used to define and analyse quality requirements. It applies the quality model defined in ISO/IEC 9126-1 [ ISO/IEC 25010 ] and it complies with the requirement processes defined in ISO/IEC 15288.
ISO/IEC 25030 is part of the SQuaRE series of International Standards.
- Online ISO catalog: http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=35765