From Maisqual Wiki
A program unit that is discrete and identifiable with respect to compiling, combining with other units, and loading. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- Module [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- A logically separable part of a program.
- A set of source code files under version control that can be manipulated together as one.
- A collection of both data and the routines that act on it.
- The terms 'module', 'component,' and 'unit' are often used interchangeably or defined to be subelements of one another in different ways depending upon the context. The relationship of these terms is not yet standardized.