From Maisqual Wiki
Collection of new and/or changed configuration items which are tested and introduced into the live environment together. [ ISO/IEC 20000 ]
- Release [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- A software version that is made formally available to a wider community.
- Release [ IEEE 829, ISO/IEC 12207 ]
- Particular version of a configuration item that is made available for a specific purpose.
- Release [ IEEE 829 ]
- The formal notification and distribution of an approved version.
- Release management includes defining acceptable quality levels for release, authority to authorize the release, and release procedures. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]