From Maisqual Wiki
The capability of the software product to protect information and data so that unauthorised persons or systems cannot read or modify them and authorised persons or systems are not denied access to them. [ ISO/IEC 12207, ISO/IEC 9126-1 ]
- Security [ ISO/IEC 15026 ]
- The protection of system items from accidental or malicious access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Security [ ISO/IEC 15288 ]
- All aspects related to defining, achieving, and maintaining confidentiality, integrity, availability, non-repudiation, accountability, authenticity, and reliability of a system.
- This also applies to data in transmission. [ ISO/IEC 9126-1 ]
- Safety is defined as a characteristic of quality in use, as it does not relate to software alone, but to a whole system. [ ISO/IEC 9126-1 ]
- Security also pertains to personnel, data, communications, and the physical protection of computer installations. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]