From Maisqual Wiki
(Redirected from Software Product)
An artifact that is produced, is quantifiable, and can be either an end item in itself or a component item. [ IEEE 1490 ]
- Product [ ISO/IEC 26514 ]
- Complete set of software and documentation.
- Product [ IEEE 1074 ]
- Output of the software development activities (e.g., document, code, or model).
- Product [ ISO/IEC 15939 ]
- Result of a process.
- Software Product [ ISO/IEC 9126, ISO/IEC 12207, ISO/IEC 15939 ]
- Set of computer programs, procedures, and associated documentation and data.
- In ISO 9000 there are four agreed generic product categories:
- hardware (e.g., engine mechanical part);
- software (e.g., computer program);
- services (e.g., transport); and
- processed materials (e.g., lubricant).
- Hardware and processed materials are generally tangible products, while software or services are generally intangible. Most products comprise elements belonging to different generic product categories. Whether the product is then called hardware, processed material, software, or service depends on the dominant element. [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- Products include intermediate products, and products intended for users such as developers and maintainers. [ ISO/IEC 9126 ]