From Maisqual Wiki
- Verification [ IEEE 1012, SIGIST ]
- The process of evaluating a system or component to determine whether the products of a given development phase satisfy the conditions imposed at the start of that phase.
- Verification [ ISO 8402, ISO/IEC 9126 ]
- Confirmation by examination and provision of objective evidence that specified requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification [ ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765 ]
- Formal proof of program correctness.
- Verification [ IEEE 1490 ]
- The evaluation of whether or not a product, service, or system complies with a regulation, requirement, specification, or imposed condition. It is often an internal process.
- Verification [ IEEE 829 ]
- Process of providing objective evidence that the software and its associated products comply with requirements (e.g., for correctness, completeness, consistency, and accuracy) for all life cycle activities during each life cycle process (acquisition, supply, development, operation, and maintenance), satisfy standards, practices, and conventions during life cycle processes, and successfully complete each life cycle activity and satisfy all the criteria for initiating succeeding life cycle activities (e.g., building the software correctly).
- "Verified" is used to designate the corresponding status. In design and development, verification concerns the process of examining the result of a given activity to determine conformity with the stated requirement for that activity. [ ISO/IEC 9126 ]